Tuesday 2 November 2010

SNOWMAN SOUP IS BACK – AND ITS BIGGER THAN EVER!

You may remember from one of my very first posts last year that I made some boxes up for Christmas for Snowman Soup. Well this year I decided to use a bigger and better box, as it was a little tight to get everything in last year.

I used a template called ‘It’s on the House’ from the very talented Lauren Meader to make these up and they are adorable!


Inside these I will put a Cadburys hot chocolate sachet, some mini marshmallows and a Matchmakers stick as before. I made up the labels on my PC and printed these off. As I did not have a stamp that I liked, I used some free clipart images for the pic on the front of the tag.


I’ve made 20 so far but as they were so popular last Christmas at a craft fair and I want to make at least another 30 so I’ve got a lot of work to do and a bit of shopping for the ingredients!


I’ve used all different coloured cardstock for the bases of these and just a bit of acetate for the window section. The pic just shows one I made in Dark Chocolate cardstock. Its been stamped with a star stamp in Snow White ink (all PTI) and then to add a bit of bling, I’ve popped a blob of red stickles glitter glue in the centre of each star. I punched a couple of holes on the top and threaded through some ribbon to keep the lid closed and the contents secure (ribbon being no. 1 on my list of favourite embellishments… buttons being my number 2) and all finished.

This is one of most favourite makes at Christmas, (1) because I always loved building snowmen and still do even in March which is when we seem to get all our snow these days! and (2), because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE chocolate so this is a definite, guaranteed winner for me (I’ve made several to give to myself over Christmas just to make sure I get my fix).

If you want the template, its available via the PTI website :-


More Christmas gift ideas to come, working on loads of bits so will post once I have something finished and ready to show you.

Hugs
Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment