Monday 15 November 2010

COLOUR ME!

Hi All

I've finally finished some gift tag labels that I've been working on recently which I've made up for the kiddies to use.   I thought it might be a nice idea for them to have labels they can use on their gifts or for mum and dad to put on theirs. 

I started by punching out the labels on 300gsm cardstock and then stamping each with a design (or in some cases printing digi images and them punching out the labels).  The idea here is that they can colour the images themselves, make them a bit more involved in the whole Christmas build up.  I've included two lots of ribbon for them to use to tie them to their pressies too and there are 5 different designs in each pack. 


I created the 'contents' labels on my PC, printed and and punched out.  Once they were all bagged up, I closed them up with a folded strip of PTI's Aqua Mist cardstock which I stamped with an image using Versamark ink and added some holly leaves and a red brad.


The ribbons are both 60cm long and I've just wrapped them around the left over cardstock from the punched labels (waste not, want not!).  I am now on the hunt for some mini colouring pencils which I will sell separately as I know most will already have something to colour the images with but best to have something with me just in case!


Let's see how well they go down, I've made enough of them!


Once again, thanks so much for popping over to see what I've been up to. Your comments really do make my day and are always gratefully received.

Take care
Hugs
Zoe x

3 comments:

  1. This is wicked clever!! What a fantastic idea! Your execution is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe, I had to start at the bottom of Curt's list of frequently visited/appreciated blogs since his is alphbetized and I not so frequently browse yours, for which I apologize. Well thought through and nicely photographed 'worts and all' real life crafting make yours a blog I like to revisit. Starting at the end of the alphie helps, too! Is this a craft show or a holiday buying opportunity for littles (We label it Children's Bazaar to allow only children with their 'buying for list' and a non-family member guide into the auditorium for a minimum of an hour walking around talking about the people for whom shopping is aimed, purchasing, having each purchase wrapped free of charge, and enjoying cider and cookies before exiting the event with a full shopping bag and a completed list). Ribbon choice seal the deal in your smart packaging of a to be finished project. This could be a hospital or long time at home illness visit giftie. Well done.
    Keep Looking Up!
    mt23stamperatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete